Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Wimoweh! Wimoweh!

The "Welly Boot Dance" was very good but the highlight of the Black Omfolosi gig tonight at Archie's school was their rousing version of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". It was nice to see the hall packed out and the audience joining in. The last show their was only half full and very subdued.
Hazel was roped into serving tea and biscuits in the interval but she did get in free.
Just noticed that the Spike Theatre Company from Liverpool are playing at Northwich's Harlequin Theatre soon too so things are looking up on the culture front. We've seen them before on a few occasions and they are always entertaining.
I went to Chester today for a change and waited ages for a train that was delayed. I nearly came home again but it appeared around the corner just in time.
Among my bargains were a Max Bygraves EP that I have featured on Boot Sale Sounds today. Also an Lp by the Houghton Weavers. I bought a few cheap postcards from the Save the Children shop which will be useful for the postcard swap we are doing at Flickr.
I had neglected to take my camera and missed an opportunity of snapping the Roman Centurions who were marching around the town. "Sinister! Dexter! Sinister! Dexter!" etc.

3 comments:

hazel said...

Comments seem to breed comments. Therefore I will put one under this bell jar and see what happens.

Roger Stevens said...

Where am I? What's going on?

Wastedpapiers said...

It's ALIVE! It's ALIVE!!