Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Happiness Is A Warm Cake


Big Maybelle
Originally uploaded by wastedpapiers.
A nice day full of surprises and presents. So not so bad though the days of my bus pass and national health truss seem ever closer!
Hazel got me a lovely new camera which I look forward to playing with. I charged up the battery and did some quick indoor shots but look forward to taking it out on a walk and using the macro facilty etc. Archie gave my a lovely book about Ripley's Believe It Or Not ( that I featured in some years ago - biggest rubber stamp) and a box of chocs. Many other goodies too -too many to mention.
We went into town briefly to get some money and plenty of honey wrapped up in a five pound cake. I swapped the CD-R's for some others that were on a spindle and easier to use. Hazel bought some ice cube bags. Our friends from Norway are coming to stay soon so we are bulk buying to make sure we have enough for them. Not that they eat a lot but its embarressing to run out of things and we want to show them the sights, not the inside of Tescos and Aldi!
This record sleeve of Big Maybelle is so great. It makes me smile just looking at it. the music is great too and soon to be featured on Boot Sale Sounds.

6 comments:

r4kk4 said...

HAPPY BDAY, MICHAEL!!

i had no idea that you'd been in a ripley's book! you're, like, my hero! :D!

hope you have a wonderful, wonderful birthday! :D!

Wastedpapiers said...

Thanks rakka. Actually I was just in the syndicated strip, not the book, but I was thrilled to be mentioned.

sylviasometimes said...

Hello, Birthday Guy...oooooh...oohlala...new camera! Nice!!! Aye, I knew you were in the Ripleys...surprised you aren't in there more, honestly. Sounds like a great day...you deserve.
Now...lookin forward all those macros...and of course to this wonderful album on the Boots.
Hi hi to all!

Wastedpapiers said...

Thanks Syl. Good to hear you are coming over to U.K. in September. Will you be coming up this way?
My first tentative snaps on Flickr but hopefully they will get better as I figure out what all the little buttons do!

Clare said...

Ohh, we share a birthday -- Many Happy Returns!

Wastedpapiers said...

Same to you Clare! Us Gemini's must stick together!