Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Park and Ride


Clock - Chester
Originally uploaded by wastedpapiers.
Just back from Chester where we went shopping and had our cheese and pickle sandwiches by the River Dee. This photo was taken last time I went on m own as my camera has run out of juice.
We also took a 15 minute chuggy boat ride along the river and back again narrowly missing some scullers( is that what they're called?) and pedalo's thrashing about. Archie steered as he let the Norwegians do it last time. 15 minutes is probably about enough for a land lubber like me!
Didn't get many bargains in the shops though did find some CD envelopes in the Pound Shop for 67 pence. Archie bought some Heavy Metal guitar picks and some drum sticks despite having no drums - I think this may be a hint?
Hazel bought a yellow duster for her new car.
We walked along the old Roman wall and watched the archeoligists scraping away at the dirt where the amphitheatre used to be. You still see the rough shape of the arena and the underground cells or cages for animals?
Half of it is built on and has some large trees growing out of it so a complete restoration job seems unlikely.
It stated to rain quite heavily as we came out of the covered market and so we left earlier than planned and go the small single decker bus back to the car park which was about 10 minutes away. A great idea - all small towns should do it.

Phut-phut!

9 comments:

Jonathan said...

Sylvia's trying to work out an itinerary...

Wastedpapiers said...

Hi Jonathan - Seems unlikely we can get down to Cardiff for the dates she mentions. It's a shame - it would have been nice to meet up.

Jonathan said...

Should we try and visit you before we head to Cardiff???

sylviasometimes said...

Ohhhh, good mail today & I was good! I waited til Jonathan opened your packet to swipe the CD from his hands! Now listening psychedelia zone...cool! No care if it wasn't for me, I like it!
Well, and what are scullers? Sounds like each of you found goodies on your trek! Now think macro, Michael...all kinds of things right in your backyard!
Cheers to all!

Wastedpapiers said...

You are very welcome ofcourse Jonathan and Sylvia. We realise it's a bit of a trek for you not to mention the expense involved. Glad the late birthday packet arrived O.K.
I must use my new camera more but it's a bit intimidating with all the bells and whistles it has. It takes time to learn what each one does, but I promise some more macro stuff soon.

Jonathan said...

Michael...
Thank you for the birthday packet... Syl's been playing the CD. (my puter has a disc stuck in it)... and thank Hazel for the needle threader and vast assortment of needles. (I'll be tightening up my buttons, now).
Have you heard of this guy ? http://www.willard-wigan.com/art.html
Just keeping needles in mind...
So what's the best for us to come and visit, then??? (if it works at all, don't want to be intruding as the school year begins) I guess Syl wants to be in Cardiff on Monday the 11th, maybe we'd have to go back to London, what's best??? (if it doesn't work, it doesn't work)

Wastedpapiers said...

I guess the weekend would be best for us if you are able to come this way. Not heard of willard but will take a look. Glad you got the birthday packet. I expect you'll be sewing buttons on everything now!

Roger Stevens said...

Jon and Syl. When will you be in London? I'll be there on Monday 11th. Could also make 13th. It would be good to meet up for a spot of lunch or a drink or something.

Wastedpapiers said...

Sounds like a collectors item Adele!