Monday, April 30, 2007

More Bluebells


We went to the bluebell wood in the afternoon again as it was such a nice warm day. The park was packed but the woods were quiet thankfully. Took loads of photos but only room for two here.
Today I went for a walk to town and got some bread and strange record of a man grimacing on the front of the sleeve. The LP itself isn't very good though - a cross between Liberace and Mrs. Mills. In another charity shop I bought some EP's by Pinky & Perky, The Roving Cowboys and a Lonnie Donegan impersonator on the Embassy label that Woolies used to sell in the 60's.
One of Hazel's students is drumming up some publicity with her eye catching work. Its been featured in the local press and now the Daily Mirror has picked up on it. She's also been on BBC radio. The media love this sort of thing as they can go mad with all the terrible puns at their disposal!

3 comments:

Marcia said...

What a beautiful wood! We don't have bluebells here. I had no idea they spread out like this. We have expanses of bluebonnets, which I love, but they require full sun. This is a shady treasure!

Wastedpapiers said...

I have cheated a bit and enhanced the photo a bit to bring out the blue as my photo didnt match what I was seeing at the time. They only last a couple of weeks so you have to make the most of it whilst they are here.

Marcia said...

oh, I think cheating is allowed. The camera's only a mechanized eye after all. thanks for the rusting tip; think I will bury a wrapped something and see what happens.