Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Bank Holiday Monday



I havent taken many photos lately so this one I grabbed from Hazel's archive she likes to clog up the hard drive with - hundreds of strange metal objects and gew-gaws like this elastic band operated twit scarer being wound up prior to putting in a book to make someone (me ) jump!

The drizzle was pretty impressive on Monday but we went to the boot sale anyway, which was over in Sutton Fields n near Frodsham. It was pretty depressing really and I didnt find much - nothing in fact. Hazel did a little better and came away with some "poppers" on a nice card and some plants.

Yesterday was collage and blogging day. I tried to get the files to upload to LULU again but with no luck. I'm seriously thinking of giving up the whole idea. I need a course in Photoshop etc. to help me with all the intricate details - it totally baffles me!

Today we went into town and did the usual charity shop tour and then to the library. Borrowed the latest Aardmann film "Flushed Away" which is CGI and not plasticine but hopefully won't be too awful. Also bought a very expensive black cartridge for the printer and in the process of printing 20 copies of the collaborative book that Roger and I did a while back and just got round to finishing off. I have made several mistakes so far and one copy is printed ontop of itself! Doh!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the colour cartridge will last, at least until I've printed the covers. Hazel is in her workshop trying to get some work done for her exhibition next year in Norway.

5 comments:

Wastedpapiers said...

Hazel said...look at me clogging up MY OWN computer with MY stuff...what a liberty!!
Cheeky monkey!

treena said...

ooohhh i always miss the car boots!! there is one at antrobus on the 18th i believe and maybe one at hartford this weekend ??? what show is hazel doing sounds interesting. also i love the gallery in the loo very amusing, do you have to pay?

Wastedpapiers said...

I expect Betty will know of any car boots- I forgot to ask her today. Its about time there was one at Hartford, and Verdin Park, and Witton Albion aand......and.......

Marcia said...

twit scarer?? I doubt if most folks here would know what a twit is...I know someone I'd like to use that on!

Michael, if you need any help with photoshop, well, it's what I do for a living, so if I can shed some light, I'd be glad to try.

Oh, I'm sending you a foot postcard. hope it makes it.

Marcia

Wastedpapiers said...

Thanks Fifi. I guess it's more In Design help I need with sorting out gutters and margins etc. Ive tried looking at the "help" section but it's not got me very far.

Looking forward to your foot shaped postcard.